Tanglewilde Pool Rules:
These rules are for the safety of our patrons and the well being of our facility.
General Pool Rules:
- Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area or locker rooms.
- Do not enter the pool if you suspect you have a communicable disease, illness, open cut or blister.
- Please remove all Band-Aids, earrings and loose fitting jewelry before entering the pool.
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before entering the pool. (it makes the water cloudy otherwise)
- Patrons with long hair must have hair pulled back into a ponytail before entering the pool. (hair clogs pool filters)
- Extended breath holding or hyperventilating are prohibited.
- Wear family appropriate and clean swim attire only.
- Shower using warm water before entering the pool or after any use of the toilet facilities.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth or blowing the nose in the pool is prohibited.
- Misuse of equipment will result in the loss of privileges.
- No diving into the shallow end.
- Animals are not allowed in the pool area.
- Glass and shatter-able items are prohibited in the pool area.
- Tobacco, alcohol and gum are prohibited in the pool area.
- Do not bring food or drinks to the pool deck unless otherwise authorized by the appropriate pool staff.
- This is a family facility; profanity or inappropriate behavior is not allowed.
- Non-swimmers or youth under 5 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a guardian. The guardian must stay within arm’s reach.
- Only 2 non-swimmers per guardian.
- Youth swimmers age 6-10 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian to the facility. Guardians do not need to be in the water, they should however remain within eye sight of the child.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed in the pool. (no water wings) Life jackets are available to borrow.
- Toys are subject to the Lifeguard’s discretion.
- Playing on ladders or railings is not allowed.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not toilet trained.
- Diaper changing in the pool area is prohibited. Please use locker rooms.
Deep End & Diving Board Rules:
- Swimmers 13 years and under must pass a swim test to swim in the deep end, or if a Lifeguard believes swimming skills are not adequate at any age.
- Back dives and flips are not permitted off the pool deck or diving board.
- Swimmers must jump off the board forward facing.
- One person at a time on the diving board.
- Please refrain from horseplay while waiting in diving board line.
- Only one bounce on the diving board.
- Hanging on the diving board is not permitted.
- After jumping, swim to the nearest ladder immediately.
- During recreation swim, deep end will alternate 30 minutes for swimming and 30 minutes for diving boards.
- 1 Short whistle blast = look at the Lifeguard
- 3 Short whistle blast = get out of the pool immediately
Please obey all Lifeguard instructions; failure to do so may result in patrons being asked to leave. The Lifeguards have final authority!